Tomato and Stone Fruit Salad
With Peach Bourbon Dressing and Herbed Buttermilk
FOR THE SALAD
• 5 large heirloom tomatoes
• 1 peach
• 1 plum
• 1 nectarine
FOR THE PEACH BOURBON DRESSING
• ½ onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 peaches chopped with pit removed
• 1 cup bourbon
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• ⅓ cup honey
• salt and pepper, to taste
FOR HERBED BUTTERMILK SAUCE
• 1 cup buttermilk
• ¼ cup fresh tarragon
• ¼ cup fresh sorrel or basil
• ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
• ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in avocado oil until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the peaches and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the bourbon and vegetable stock, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the liquid to simmer until reduced to about ½ to 1 cup in volume.
- Remove from heat. Add the ketchup and honey.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend on high until well combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Make the herbed buttermilk by blending all ingredients on high until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Chill.
- Cut tomatoes into ¼-inch thick slices, then half some of the slices.
- Cut stone fruits into slices and wedges of varying thickness.
- Using a spoon or a pastry brush, spread the chilled peach dressing on plates or platers.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on the plate, then top with wedges of stone fruits.
- With a spoon, add random drops of herbed buttermilk around the plate.
Whole Health Everyday is an in-home personal chef service, servicing Southern California, 949.235.7036