Recipe Courtesy of Hopdoddy Burger Bar
- 10 oz Blue Bell Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 pinch Mexican Cinnamon
- 2 oz by weight of Red Velvet Cake cut into 1” squares
- 2 oz Butter Cream
Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until the ice cream starts to break down and the shake starts to blend, then blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute (until all ingredients are combined, but some cake is still evident).
- 8 oz by weight of softened Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz by weight of Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 6 tbsp of Heavy Cream
Cream the butter in a kitchen stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth. While the mixer is still running slowly add the cream and mix until fully combined (emulsified). Add sugar and continue to mix until smooth and creamy.
Red Velvet Cake:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups pure cane granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz all natural red food coloring- we recommend “India Tree” Natures Colors True Red, or adjusting the recipe for beet juice.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Mix well then stir in the vanilla and red food coloring.
- Pour batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.