These candy apples are spooky delicious.
This Halloween, The Glenrothes, the single malt scotch that boasts a new range with 100 percent natural color and fragrant, delectable flavors, brings you the ultimate whisky and candy combination. Whether you are planning a festive party or just craving a late-night treat, this recipe is sure to please the crowd and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 8 crisp apples
- 8 wooden sticks
- 1 package brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tbs The Glenrothes 12-Year-Old whisky
1. Insert wooden sticks ¾ of the way into the apple. Place all apples on a cookie sheet that has been greased and lined with aluminum foil.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and leave until the consistency begins to resemble caramel. Remove from the heat and stir in the whisky.
3. Keep the saucepan over low heat so that the liquid does not harden. Working quickly, carefully dip apples in the caramel.
4. Decorate with your favorite sprinkles, toppings or nuts. Place apples on the cookie sheet once more until the caramel has hardened.
5. Enjoy with a dram of the Glenrothes 12-Year-Old neat or on the rocks. Cheers!