pice Islands®, the 75 year plus seasoning brand allows home cooks and master chefs to explore and share new flavors, recipes and cuisines. The Spice Islands® line of premium seasonings ensures that the highest quality flavors are always added to dishes. With the exciting array of spices sourced from across the globe, Spice Islands® opens your kitchen to an international world of possibilities.
Spice Islands® recognizes that not all spices are created equal. Spice Islands® buys many spices whole and then mills them in its facility to release their rich flavors and capture them in each bottle. Spice Islands® premium spices and seasonings adhere to strict specifications to ensure high volatile oil levels, meaning a higher quality and more flavorful product. From cultivating long-term relationships with farmers throughout the world to handpicking many of the spices, to maintaining traditions of drying many of the herbs and spices in the sun – tender care is put into each harvest to ensure the highest quality product.
Some stand outs from the Spice Islands® line up sourced from all over the world include:
Pumpkin Pie Spice – A warmly sweet blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mace and cloves, Spice Islands® pumpkin pie spice captures the quintessential flavor of pumpkin pie. Not only does it give pumpkin pie a premium twist, but it can also be added to pancakes, apples or to make delicious seasonal drinks. (See Pumpkin Pie recipe, below.)
Dill Weed—Spice Islands® Dill Weed looks different than others as we wait until the plant blooms before harvesting. This is when the plant reaches its peak in flavor and why you’ll see little yellow flower buds in each bottle
Bay Leaves—Spice Islands® sources a unique genus of Bay Leaf with a vibrant look and even more vibrant flavor than other burnt bay leaves in the market
Cumin— Spice Islands® cryogenically freezes Cumin Seed before milling to capture every bit of flavor for the finished product
Garlic Powder—Spice Islands® grinds Garlic to a true powder to release more flavor, unlike many Garlic Powders on the market that are really granulated and add grit to recipes, Spice Islands® Garlic Powder has the consistency of flour and incorporates easily into recipes
Saigon Cinnamon—Sourced from a different region than other cinnamons on the market, Spice Islands® Saigon Cinnamon has a red-hot candy flavor rather than the subtle woody flavor of traditional cinnamon
Turmeric—A hot trending spice due to its many great qualities, Turmeric is from the Ginger family and can be added to diets in numerous ways, including sprinkled on eggs, added to shakes, or as the star of our Golden Milk Latte recipe
These spices join the full line that includes Black and White Pepper, Capsicums, Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram, Sage, Oregano, Basil, Parsley and more.
“Spice Islands® brings premium spices to another level,” Says Julie Gould, Brand Manager. “We search the world for spices and herbs of the highest quality. Then we craft and package them to deliver the most authentic and intense flavor possible. Our line of premium spices helps give consumers the confidence they need to allow them to explore more in the kitchen. Our spices make a difference.”
Here is a fantastic Pumpkin Pie recipe to get you started:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cloves
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 15 oz. can of Pumpkin
- 1 9 inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- Cinnamon & Spice Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- A dash of Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- For Pie: Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves together in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat slightly. Add corn syrup, pumpkin and evaporated milk; blend well.
- Pour filling carefully into pie crust. PLEASE NOTE: Do not overfill crust. The amount of filling prepared may exceed the capacity of a 9-inch pie crust. Pour any excess filling into custard cups or a small casserole dish to bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 40 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
- For Whipped Cream: Pour cream into medium-sized bowl. Beat cream 3 to 4 minutes until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually add brown sugar, being careful not to over beat. Fold in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Recipe Tip: For best results use chilled bowl and beaters to prepare whipped cream.