Canadian Bacon Pizza Bowl From Slimming World
K, so it’s not exactly a pizza … but you can at least meet those flavor cravings without compromising your diet. Whether you’re looking for a lifestyle shake-up, are getting ready for your wedding and looking to get beach bod ready, this recipe is sure to keep you on track. Indulge in guiltless pizza flavors without feeling like you’re on a diet. Not only is this recipe waist-friendly, but it’s also busy-mom-with-a-million-things-on-her-plate friendly. If you decide to go the slow-cooker route with this recipe, you won’t have ot worry about what’s for dinner after your long day of work, and all of those other daily responsibilities you have going on in your life.
Ready in 7 hrs 25 min
- 2 cans (14.5oz each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 each red and green bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 oz dried medium pasta shells
- 6 oz Canadian bacon slices, cut into quarters
- 6 oz part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- Spray oil*
*Please note to protect your weight loss, use up to 10 short sprays of any spray oil per day.
- In a 3- to 3½-qt slow cooker, combine tomatoes, broth, zucchini, onion, bell peppers, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper, then season with salt. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours, or on High 3½-4 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside. Add pasta and Canadian bacon to tomato mixture. Divide among serving bowls and evenly top with cheese and black pepper.
To Prepare on Stove Top (total time 20 min):
- Lightly spray a Dutch oven with spray oil*. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in zucchini and garlic and cook 3-5 minutes more, or until tender. Stir in Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper, then season with salt. Cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, or until desired consistency. Cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain. Add cooked pasta and Canadian bacon to Dutch oven and heat through. Divide among serving bowls and evenly top with cheese.
Discover healthy ways to cook your favorite foods with Slimming World, which recently launched in the U.S. and is a food optimization program. Visit their website for more info on their program, or to dig into some additional quilt-free recipes.