t’s said Italian bombshell Sophia Loren went to pasta heaven saying “Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti,” so if a perfect cheat summer body meal existed, it would have to be Seaspice’s Shrimp Linguini.
Slightly tweaking the classic recipe, Executive Chef Angel Leon adds shrimp, parmesan cheese and salmon roe for a mouthwatering taste worth the carbo-load.
SEASPICE SHRIMP LINGUINI
What You’ll Need:
- 5- Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6oz fresh linguine
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1 shallot sliced thin
- 1 oz chopped chives
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 plum tomato peeled and diced
- Tiny pinch crushed red pepper
- 3oz white wine
- 2oz olive oil
- 3 oz shrimp or chicken stock
- 3oz butter
- 1 sauce pot with salted boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1oz oil to pan and sear shrimp on both sides and remove from pan.
- Add 1oz olive oil, garlic, shallot, tomato, red pepper, and lemon zest. Lightly sauté until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and let reduce by half.
- Add stockade and let reduce by half. Add salt and pepper
- Drop pasta in water for 3 minutes (11 if using dry pasta)
- Add butter then shrimp back to the sauce.
- Add pasta, lemon juice, and cheese.
- Twirling pasta in the bowl, add any excess shrimp and sauce.
- Garnish with Chives, fresh squeeze of lemon juice, and salmon roe.
Seaspice | 422 NW North River Dr, Miami, FL 33128 | www.seaspicemiami.com