Grill-less Grilling Tips & Flavorful Father’s Day Recipes
ake over the grill like a pro with these quick and easy recipes for Father’s Day – from flavorful favorites like Steak Arrachera to Beer Marinated Beef Fajitas, these recipes have all the heartiness and taste that he’ll love, but are grilled and prepared with less fat and little-to-no oil! What’s better? These simple recipes and grill-less grilling tips will make your cookouts the talk of the town all summer.
Beer Marinated Beef Fajitas
Recipe courtesy of Princess House, Serves 6-8.
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled & then chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup of light beer
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. traditional fajita blend
- 1.5-2 lb. beef skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 large onion, sliced .-inch thick
- 2 red, green or orange bell peppers, cored and sliced .-inch thick
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Add first six ingredients into a casserole dish and mix well. Add steak and cover in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Heat Comal on low for 5-8 minutes. Then turn heat up to medium. Pat steak dry with paper towels and place onto Comal. Cook 4-8 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Remove steak from Comal and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, add onions and peppers to the Comal and cook until soft. Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Return sliced steak to Comal with onions and peppers and serve with warm tortillas.
- Top with salsa and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Princess House, Serves 2.
- 1 lb steak; style of choice
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 summer squash; sliced
- Juice of 4 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat Grill Pan on grill or stove top on medium. Cook steak on the Grill Pan to desired wellness. While steak is cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to the Blender and pulsing until puréed.
- While steak is cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to your blender and pulsing until puréed.
- Five minutes before the steak is done cooking, add the vegetables and sauce to the Grill Pan.
- Cover for remaining minutes, giving the vegetables time to steam.