Recipe Provided by: Melissa’s Produce | Serving Size: 4
This zippy salad has a casual elegance that’s just right for a dinner party in the OC. Th e sweet, tart citrus plays well with the gentle licorice notes from the fennel and the salty, earthy olives, while the delicate dressing brings everything together. Serve alongside grilled bass or swordfi sh and pour a White Burgundy, Pinot Gris, or Rosé
YOU’LL NEED: Melissa’s Produce
• 1 Melo Gold or Oro Blanco grapefruit
• 2 blood oranges
• 2 navel oranges
• 1 large or 2 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
• 1 shallot
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 tsp ﬂ aked salt, such as Maldon
• 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
• 1/4 cup of oil cured black olives
• 2–3 stalks fresh mint
DIRECTIONS: Melissa’s Produce
1. Suprème the grapefruit and oranges, reserving the juice. Melissa’s Produce.
2. Pluck about a loose half-cup of fronds from the fennel stalks, then shave the fennel into thin slices, using a sharp knife or mandoline.
3. Mince the shallot. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the citrus juice with the shallot, salt, and sugar (if using), and gently whisk in the olive oil. Pit the olives, if desired.
4. Tear the mint leaves into small pieces. Wait to combine the ingredients and dress the salad just before serving.