New Zealand Lamb Chops, English Pea and Boursin Puree, Garlic Confit Eggplant
- 1 four-bone lamb rack
- 1 tbs Herbes De Provence
- ½ cup fresh shucked English peas
- 1 tbs Boursin cheese with herbs
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Boil fresh peas until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and Boursin to blender and blend on high till smooth, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch thick circles.
- Add olive oil and garlic to small pot and turn to low, add the eggplant.
- Let eggplant cook on low for 20 minutes, remove from oil, season and set aside.
- Clean lamb rack by trimming the fat and scraping bones until completely clean.
- Season the lamb and pan sear in a very hot pan.
- Finish the lamb in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes, or until a meath thermometer reads an internal temperature of 118 degrees.
- Coat lamb with the Herbes De Provence and cut into four chops.
- Plate your dish with the pea puree, eggplant and chops.
Mesa Verde Country Club | 3000 Clubhouse Road, Costa Mesa | 714.549.0377 | mesaverdecc.com