Mark your calendars, because on Sunday, May 13 we’ll celebrate the delicious National Hummus Day in style by recreating this recipe by the fresh and healthy Mediterranean grill, SAJJ Street Eats.
- 8 OZ Dry Garbanzo
- 0.5 FL OZ Lemon Juice
- 0.5 FL OZ Corn Oil
- 2.5 OZ Tahini
- 1.5 Tea Spoon Kosher Salt
- Soak the garbanzo in cool water (cover it with double quantity of water) for 24 hours.
- Drain the garbanzo, add new water, and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, simmer at low temperature for 1 hour.
- Drain the garbanzo and cool it down in the chiller for 3 hours.
- Place the garbanzo in the food processor and add the salt and start mixing.
- Add lemon juice and the oil slowly.
- Add the Tahini and keep mixing until its soft and creamy.
- Spread the Hummus on a plate.
- Garnish with Parsley, Paprika and Extra virgin olive oil.
If you’re looking for Mediterranean food that’s quick and healthy, and you don’t have to make it yourself, head on over to their Rancho Santa Margarita location at 22245 El Paseo.