Il Barone Ristorante
4251 Martingale Way, Suite A. Newport Beach CA, 92660
949.955.2755 | ilbaroneristorante.com
- 1 cup limoncello liqueur
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 40 Savoiardi or Lady Finger cookies (2 packages)
- 6 oz white chocolate shavings
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz mascarpone cream at room temperature
- 1 (10 oz) jar lemon curd
- Over medium high heat, bring the limoncello, water, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil in a small pan and then reduce the heat to low and stir often until the sugar has completely dissolved. It should form a syrup. Set it aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the cream until it is blended.
- In another bowl, beat the mascarpone cream with 3/4 jar of the lemon curd until it is smooth. Reserve the rest of the lemon curd for garnish.
- Fold the heavy cream mixture into the mascarpone and lemon curd mix until it is blended.
- Pour the lemon syrup into a shallow bowl and dip each of the cookies into the mixture. In a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish, place the dipped cookies side by side. (You can cut the cookies to fi ll any spaces if need be.)
- After you have completed one layer of cookies, spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the top. Place another layer of dipped cookies on top of the cream and then layer again with the rest of the cream.
- Using a knife, smooth the top of the cream.
- Garnish with the white chocolate chip shavings.
- Mix the remaining lemon curd to make it thinner and drizzle it across the top of the tiramisu.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least six hours or let sit overnight. Serve and enjoy!