Entertaining at home can be a lot of work, but it does not have to be exhausting nor does it have to break the bank.
Take your guests on a journey through the Amalfi Coast with these Baked Scallops from Cal Mare, helmed by renowned chefs Adam Sobel and Michael Mina. Proving that simplicity can be beautiful, create this Instagrammable dish that will be sure to wow your guests.
This version of the crowd favorite seafood dish is comprised of savory warm capers, bread crumbs, and Castelvetrano olives baked to perfection. Opt for this easy and enjoyable, small plate for your next soiree to alleviate the stress and time commitment of preparing a multi-course extravagant dinner.
Baked Scallop Recipe
- 1/8 cup Calabrian chile paste
- 4 1/8 tbs. capers, (drained of juice, rinsed) minced
- 13 whole Castelvatrano olives, minced
- 2 1/8 tsp. preserved Meyer lemon, minced
- 2 large or 5 small scallops, (rinsed and cleaned of abductor mussel)
- 1 1/3 tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- ½ cup Grano Padano cheese, grated
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, (keep 2 sprigs separate for garnish)
- ¼ cup Pecorino, grated
- 4 tbs. red onion, minced
- 2 ½ tbs. garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 2/3 cup Pancetta, ground
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 2/3 tbs. tomato sauce (canned)
- 1 ¾ tbs. tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil to medium-low heat. Add pancetta and stir to break up into small pieces.
- Continue to cook pancetta over low heat until brown, crumbly and rendered.
- Add onions and garlic and continue to sweat for eight minutes.
- Add tomato products and cook for five more minutes, stirring constantly to ensure the pan does not scorch.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature in a big bowl.
- Once cool, add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide up the stuffing into scallop shells and place on sheet tray. Sprinkle tops with 1 tsp. breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in 370 degrees Fahrenheit oven for eight minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and chopped parsley.