- 1 cup free-range chicken, cooked and shredded 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 3 tbs. catupiry cheese (or substitute with cream cheese or mascarpone) For San Marzano sauce
- 1 28 oz. can of San Marzano peeled tomatoes
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. Amore sun-dried tomato paste
- 3 tbs. fresh basil
- 2 tbs. fresh oregano
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme For the whole wheat dough
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. yeast
- 11⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 31⁄4 cups
whole wheat flour
1. To prepare the sauce, sauté the minced garlic for 1 minute on medium heat, constantly stirring. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and thyme. Mix and then cover. Cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Once finished, the tomatoes will be broken down into a thicker sauce. If smoother sauce is desired, use a blender.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees, and prepare a nonstick pizza pan for baking.
3.To prepare the dough, combine the sugar, yeast and warm water in a large bowl (for manual or stand mixer). Proof the yeast by mixing and let it rest for 5 minutes, until the yeast is foamy and dissolved. Add olive oil, honey, salt and mix. Then add 3 cups of whole wheat flour and mix until a dough forms. Once combined, knead by hand for 5 minutes, and add more flour, if needed.
4. Shape the dough into a ball and fully coat it with olive oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours. Release pressure from the ball by rolling the dough, and cut the the dough into two pieces. Then roll each half into separate balls, and let them sit for another 20 minutes. Take one ball and roll it into a flattened pizza shape that’s slightly smaller than the round baking pan. Dust the dough with cornmeal or flour, and set aside. The second ball can be frozen for future use.
5. Spread the catupiry cheese on the pizza dough first, followed by the desired amount of San Marzano sauce. Distribute the shredded chicken on top of the sauce, and garnish with olives and basil. Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Allow the pizza to cool for 10 minutes, and then take a bite!
Silva’s Fresh Eatery & Churrascaria | 3672 S. Bristol St., Santa Ana | 855.600.5500 | silvasfresheatery.com