El Mercado Modern Cuisine’s senior mixologist Cesar Cerrudo is known for whipping up tasty cocktails that complement a variety of flavors on El Mercado’s bold menu. Celebrate the warming weather with this easy-to-replicate Watermelon Sour Recipe.
El Mercado’s Watermelon Sour
Yield: 2 Cocktails
• 4 oz Bourbon
• 2 oz Fresh Watermelon Juice
• 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
• 1 oz Simple Syrup
• 2 egg white (Optional)
- To make the watermelon juice, cut a small watermelon into pieces. Reserve several nice slices with the rind to use as a garnish. Blend watermelon until smooth. Strain.
- Measure and combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Egg white is optional.
- Dry shake all ingredients. No ice needed.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour equally into two coupe glasses.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice.
El Mercado Modern Cuisine | 301 N. Spurgeon St., Santa Ana, CA 92701
714.338.2446 | mercadomodern.com