Cozy up with this curry coconut broccoli soup this summer around the campfire and enjoy the finely seasoned, rich and creamy soup. With Jalapeno pepper, ginger and coconut milk, this soup is well balanced and full of flavor.
- 2 bunches Broccoli, stems and all— peel stems—Chop Broccoli
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cups Veggie Stock
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1-2 cans Coconut Milk
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crushed salted peanuts and Cilantro for garnish
In a 6-quart pot, add olive oil and mustard seeds. Once the seeds begin to splutter, add the onions, Jalapeño and a pinch of salt. Saute until the onions turn golden and then add garlic and ginger.
After a couple minutes, add the broccoli, stir and heat through until the broccoli is covered in the cooking fat. Add the stock. Bring it to a boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, liquefy the contents. Put the blended mixture back onto the heat and add the spices.
Add coconut milk and bring the soup to a low boil. Season with salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and garnish with the peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe compliments of Provenance, Eastbluff Village Center, 949.718.0477 | Provenanceoc.com