Welcome to the neighborhood: Acclaimed restaurateurs Marín and Chef Noah von Blöm to open new concept in Newport Beach.
We were so excited to hear the news that the award-winning husband-and-wife team, Marín and Chef Noah von Blöm, plan to open a new concept in Newport Beach’s Cannery Village this fall, offering premium cuts of meat and delicious fresh-baked bread. Welcome to the neighborhood ARC Butcher & Baker!
“ARC Butcher & Baker embodies the spirit of California with dishes that strike a balance of simplicity and sophistication.” — Chef Noah von Blöm
In addition to a dine-in menu featuring toasts, salads, streetwiches and classic entrees, the location will also offer some pretty cool ready-to-serve family-style dinners like Grilled Steak Roulade, Sausage & Goat Cheese Baked Pasta, Classic Meatloaf and Fried Chicken, each complete with unique salads and sides.
Date night idea: Grab a seasonal Duffy Basket from ARC Butcher & Baker and walk on over to the docks at Newport Beach Marina for a picturesque dock & dine evening.
To learn more about the brains behind this beauty, we caught up with Chef Noah and played a quick-fire round of 21 Questions. In addition to discovering a peek into the industry, find out what Chef Noah brings to the table when it comes to a zombie apocalypse.
21 questions with Chef Noah Von Blöm of DirtySexyHappiness Hospitality.
- If I weren’t a chef I’d be: The President of the United States. Seriously. #Noah2020
- Best career advice I’ve gotten: “Oh so sexy, oh so smooth.” From a German Chef, Papa Leo, in culinary school. He would sing it when using his knife.
- Three kitchen gadgets I can’t live without: Edlund tongs, cast iron anything and wooden cutting boards.
- Best plate of food I’ve created is: Hard to say because I think everything I make is pretty great … but many say the cheese pizza at ARC is the best they have had.
- Favorite perk of the job: Burgundy.
- How I decompress after a busy shift: Adult Swim.
- Culinary technique I’m most known for in the kitchen: Only using wood and lighting things on fire.
- Single ingredient I can’t live without: Duck fat.
- Culinary travel destination on my bucket list: Bavaria (Southern Germany).
- Favorite Sunday supper memory: I brunch on Sundays.
- First recipe I made: Tomato sauce. Dry herbs. So bad.
- Change I’d like to see in my industry: Humility among young chefs.
- My spirit animal is: A rat … with a top hat and a monocle.
- Where you’ll find me on my day off: Are there days off in this industry?
- If you bought me a drink at a bar it would be: Vodka. Rocks. Twist.
- If I’m trying to be healthy, I eat: Vodka. Rocks. Twist.
- Superhero power I’d want to have: Wolverine’s powers, super healing and built-in knives.
- Who taught me how to cook: Angry French & German chefs.
- How useful would you be in a zombie apocalypse? What skills do you have that would help you and others survive? Natural leader. Extremely good looking. Cardio.
- What was the last thing you created? I am working on a lot of bread right now for ARC Butcher & Baker. Pretzel bread, marble rye …
- What looks delicious but tastes terrible? The cookies at Whole Foods.
ARC Butcher & Baker is located at 417 30th St. in Newport Beach and will be open daily from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. or more information, please visit arcrestaurant.com.