3334 W Pacific Coast Hwy. Newport Beach, CA
949.650.6505 | arestaurantnb.com
ith its seasonally inspired, contemporary new-American menu, Chef Jonathan Blackford and his team showcase A Restaurant’s relationship with many local farms and purveyors. The seasonally changing menu offers sophisticated dishes of land and sea that pair perfectly with A’s cozy, romantic and lively atmosphere. This Pear and Parsnip soup is the perfect recipe to create at home while you wait for your reservation at A Restaurant.
- 2” ½ pan parsnips, cut small, peeled
- 2” ½ pan d’anjou pears, cut small, peeled
- 5 shallots, diced
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 sachet (thyme, bay leaf, pepper)
- 2.5 qt half and half
- salt and white pepper
- Sauté all the vegetables with butter then cover with half and half.
- Add the sachet and cover with lid. Simmer on low until soft, then puree in blender.
- Season to taste and adjust consistency with additional half and half.
- Garnish with short rib and chive.
Connect: Instagram | Facebook | Check Out A Market