Try Out Icelandic Skyr With These Healthy Recipes
If you’re a yogurt fanatic, there’s a chance you’ve heard of Siggi’s. Siggi’s Dairy is taking over the dairy aisle with their atypical yogurt packed with protein and all natural ingredients. Unlike regular yogurt, with contains mostly water, skyr is strained to create a creamy and thick consistency.
Simple ingredients without chemicals are what we look for when we go grocery shopping nowadays. Siggi’s ensures that you’re getting exactly what they advertise. Forget the crazy flavor combos, when it comes to Siggi’s, they’re as real as it gets. Their strawberry yogurt is packed with 16 grams of protein and is made with ingredients your kids can pronounce including skim milk, strawberries and cane sugar.
Siggi’s milk is sourced from family farms in New York and never contains growth hormones. With absolutely no artificial sweeteners, flavors, preservatives, colors and thickeners, Siggi’s is something you’ll want to feed to your whole family.
Available at pretty much every grocery store nationwide, Siggi’s can be found in Orange County locations such as Whole Foods, Sprouts and even Albertsons. Try out the yogurt for yourself and see what all of the craze is about.
Citrus Berry Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups siggi’s vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 orange, skin removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat frozen berries and tablespoon of water over medium heat with lid on, stirring occasionally. When berries have defrosted and formed a sauce, remove from heat (about 5-10 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Top vanilla siggi’s yogurt with oranges slices, berry sauce, and walnuts.
Mango Smoothie with Turmeric and Ginger
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup mango, cubed and frozen
- 1 cup (5.3oz) siggi’s Plain 0% Skyr
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp turmeric, dried
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs honey, optional
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If using fresh fruit, add 1/2 cup ice cubes.