hrowing one last summer party for your family and friends before the chilly fall weather starts rolling in next month? If so, step up your grilling game and surprise your guests with a specialty burger created by Chef Josh Capon, the executive chef behind Lure Fishbar, B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco in NYC, exclusively for Pine Mountain Firestarters and Logs.
The Pine Mountain Flame Burger, created by Chef Capon for Pine Mountain’s Grilling Games event in NYC, will prove to be a flavorful favorite among guests. A twist on the typical burger, the Flame Burger has all of the classic elements of a great burger with a few added ingredients to make your taste buds say wow!
Pine Mountain Flame Burger
- 8 three ounce beef patties
- 8 strips applewood smoked bacon
- 2 red onions
- 1 cup shaved dill pickles
- 8 slices American cheese
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- 1/2 Dijon mustard
- 4 burger buns
- Salt and pepper
- Place the Pine Mountain® ExtremeStart™ Firestarter on the grill grate, light at the wrapper indications, and place the charcoal chimney on top. Once the briquettes turn to an ashy gray, it’s time to start cooking. Dump out the charcoal and replace the grate.
- Slice red onions into 1/4 thick rings. Season with extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Grill over hot grill until charred.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the bacon on the grill until crispy. Remove and place on paper towels.
- Chop the bacon into small dices and mix with the onion rings. Keep warm by the grill.
- Mix the chipotle mayo and BBQ sauce together and set aside.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper on both sides and brush one side lightly with the mustard.
- Place the burgers on a hot grill with the mustard facing up. Grill 2-3 minutes until you get a nice char and flip.
- Place one slice of American cheese on each patty.
- Cook until desired temperature and remove from heat.
- Warm the buns on the grill.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1 tbsp of the BBQ mixture on each side of the bun.
- Stack the 2 patties on top of each other.
- Place 4 slices of pickles on top.
- Top with the onions and bacon.
- Place top of bun on top and serve immediately to enjoy!