Whether it’s a poolside soiree or casual beach barbecue, some spicy Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce is the perfect way to wake up your grill from its slumber!
he Afro/Portuguese condiment is a cult favorite, ranking as the number 1 selling hot sauce in the UK, Australia and South Africa, and packing a fresh and flavorful punch courtesy of its main ingredient, the African Birds Eye Chili. Favored by the likes of Drake, Bella Hadid, Ed Sheeran and more, Nando’s PERi-PERi is the perfect complement to fresh summer grilled chicken.
THE PERFECT PERi-PERi GRILLED CHICKEN
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- Cook your chicken breast in a skillet or grill.
- Add Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce.
- Carry on with your life.
SPACHCOCK GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BEETROOT SLAW
- ½ Cup Nando’s Hot PERi-PERi Sauce
- ½ Cup Nando’s Garlic PERi-PERi Sauce
- 3T Honey
- 1.5kg-2kg Chicken, whole
- 2 Beetroot
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 3 Roughly chopped mini cucumbers
- 3T Plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the Hot and Garlic PERi-PERi sauces.
- Place the chicken on its back. Using a knife, cut between the breastbone to butterfly the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce and place breast side down on a baking tray to roast in the oven.
- Halfway through roasting, turn the chicken over.
- For the slaw, grate the beetroot and add it to the lemon juice, cucumber, yogurt and salt. Serve the slaw with the spachcock chicken torn into quarters.
For more delicious recipes, or to order Nando’s PERi-PERi sauces, check out their website here.
Round Out Your Grilling Needs With 10 Gadgets to Spring You Into the BBQ Season