Celebrate National Waffle Day on August 24th by creating the ultimate Belgian waffle. Whether it’s a thick and crisp Belgian or the chewier Liège, waffles pair excellently with almost any topping. From a savory Herbed Parmesan Hash Brown Waffle to the forever classic Belgian Waffle — the choice is yours!
Conquer every morning like a #BOSS with Seaspice’s extraordinary breakfast dish, the Power Waffles. Created by Executive Chef Angel Leon, the Power Waffles kicks the classic recipe up a protein notch by adding ground quinoa, oats, ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds and oats for a dose of vigor, energy and victory.
- Buttermilk 409 gram
- Butter, melted 84 gram
- Eggs 2 each
- All Purpose Flour 216 gram
- Sugar 27 gram
- Baking powder 11 gram
- Baking soda 6 gram
- Cinnamon, ground 1 gram
- Oats 30 gram
- Quinoa, ground 45 gram
- Flaxseed, ground 20 gram
- Hemp seeds 15 gram
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet to dry, mix just until combined.
- Spray the waffle machine with pan spray, pour ½ cup of the waffle mix.
- Let it cook.
Five Tips for the Perfect Waffle
- Read the instruction manual!
- Take it easy! Don’t mix the batter too quickly or vigorously. Use a slow, even tempo to get the right consistency, or your waffles will be tough and chewy.
- No peeking! We know you’re hungry. But your patience will be rewarded. Don’t lift the lid too early or you will let out the steam.
- Always find yourself in sticky situations? Do not use cooking spray on your waffle iron. Instead, use a vegetable oil. Just take a basting brush or a paper towel and cover the surface lightly with oil. Your waffle iron will last much longer, and, in the end, you will have fewer problems with sticking. It also helps to produce a better crust on the waffle.
- Get creative! Use Pinterest for inspiration to mix it up and celebrate National Waffle Day.