Bring a taste of Oak Grill‘s contemporary American cuisine into your home with this smoked salmon with lemon panna cotta recipe.
1 side salmon, skin on and pin bones removed
- 6.5 lbs kosher salt
- 3.5 lbs white sugar
- 2 cups pickling spice
- ¼ cup ground white pepper
- ¼ cup ground ginger
- 4 cups cherry wood chips
- Mix all the spices together.
- Pour half of the spices on to a sheet tray and lay the salmon on top of it skin side down.
- Pour the remaining spice mix on top of the salmon, wrap the tray in plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove salmon from the spice mix and wash off in cold water.
- Place salmon in a smoker or oven with zero heat.
- On the bottom of the oven have your wood chips burning in a aluminum vessel.
- Smoke salmon for 30 min.
- With a sharp knife cut thin slices off salmon and serve cold.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Layer salmon and crackers on top of each other repeating three times. Place panna cotta adjacent to fish. Serve with baby wild arugula.
Lemon Panna Cotta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 table spoons fresh Tarragon
- 1 Table spoon horseradish
- 5 Sheets Gelatin
- 3 Lemon Zest
- Pinch salt
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer.
- Strain liquid through chinois into a bowl.
- Add bloomed Gelatin to liquid.
- Pour liquid evenly into 3 oz molds and freeze.
- Remove from freezer and pop panna cotta out of molds.
- Let the panna cotta come up to room temperature before you serve.
oak grill, fashion island
Recipe compliments of Oak Grill , 690 Newport Center Drive 949.760.4920 | Oakgrillnb.com